Pages

Wednesday, 5 March 2014

8 Months!

I love this kid to the depths of my soul. He has come a long way in only a month. He has 2 little teeth poking on the bottom, and he chomps HARD with them! I'm not looking forward to the teeth on the top coming in, ouch! He had some pretty bad teething pain and at the beginning of the month there were 3 days straight of a very unhappy baby. We tried frozen fruits and cold wet cloths, I'm not sure how much that helped. We then bought an amber necklace for him, since wearing this the days have definitely been less fussy plus less drool.
He has also been trying so hard at crawling. Since we have hardwood floors he ends up inching backwards and now he has mastered the art of crawling backwards. He can go from sitting to crawling, and from crawling to sitting.
It was certainly a shock the other morning when I went to wake him out of his crib and he was just sitting there, quietly playing with toys.
He has tried lots of different foods now and I am trying to get him used to more textured food now. This isn't going all that well. But soon enough.
His favourite food is still yams. He also loves apple cinnamon oatmeal, dry toast, apple juice and watermelon.


I love the colourfulness of this months photo, it was honestly a last minute idea for this one and it's now one of my favourites. It's getting harder to think of something different for each month, I normally spend the entire month thinking of what I can do for the next photo. I have a couple of the later months already planned (we will be finally going outside when winter is over!) but I am stumped for the next photo. Hopefully by the end of this month I'll think of something!

No comments:

Post a Comment